Although transport and logistics companies provide a full spectrum of services, they each represent a unique dynamic of the shipping industry. Transport involves using a specific mode of transportation, whether air, ocean, rail, or ground, or a combination of more than one. In comparison, logistics is the coordination of efforts to ensure that freight arrives as scheduled. These two services combined create the perfect solution.
Due to increasing demand, the top transportation companies focus on both transport and logistics services. Sometimes, a transportation company handles all logistical needs while, other times, it partners with trusted third-party logistics companies. Either way, the goal is to get freight delivered on time and in pristine condition.
Although transportation companies serve virtually every industry, seven stand out. Because each of these needs to have goods delivered quickly, they depend on the best shipping carriers or third-party logistics companies.
- Medical – Whether shipping medical devices or supplies, expedited service is essential. With this, the company handles each of the shipping procedures with extreme care.
- Pharmaceutical – For the pharmaceutical industry, shipping companies get products delivered fast. They also follow strict security and regulatory requirements to prevent delays.
- Manufacturing – Because the right shipping company is so proficient, its services prevent downtime, ensure profitable operation, reduce unnecessary inventory costs, and hit even tight delivery times for the manufacturing industry.
- E-Commerce – Online business owners rely on international shipping to get their product delivered to a warehouse, distributor, or directly to a big retailer overseas.
- Seasonal – Seasonal trends and events occur all over the world. For convenience and dependability, the best shipping companies get products to the customers in plenty of time to prepare for an upcoming holiday, festival, or other event.
- Construction – For companies that develop sites in other countries, quality international shipping and logistics services are imperative. Working on tight deadlines, there are financial consequences for receiving goods late.
- Transportation – For this industry, the company ships and arranges delivery of vehicles going overseas.
Remember, these are just seven of the top industries that rely on excellent transportation and logistics services. Along with similarities, there are also several distinct differences. The right company does not provide cookie-cutter solutions; instead, it develops an excellent plan based on the customer, the type of freight, and the urgency of delivery. Also, a reputable shipping carrier works hard to offer its customers competitive pricing.
The Best of the Best
For an outstanding experience having freight shipped overseas, MGA International will not disappoint. For superior service, contact us today.