Today, people throughout the country depend on expedited trucking companies. Often in the form of hot shot trucking, these services ensure the fast delivery of items that customers need to ship.
Whether you need important documents delivered to a high-profile client, machine parts to a manufacturing company, or vehicles to a dealership, there should be no room for mistakes. The purpose of expedited freight shipping is to ensure the goods arrive on time as promised. If you currently rely on this type of service or anticipate you will at some point, learn how to prevent big mishaps when using an expedited freight service.
- Reputable Source – First and foremost, you need to identify the top expedited trucking companies that serve your area and handle the type of cargo involved. As with any freight shipping, organizations that provide fast service are of different caliber and price points. You need to start with a list of the best candidates and then work your way forward from there.
- Delivery Record – When it comes to expedited freight shipping, speed is of the essence. After all, the purpose of hiring this type of company is to ensure your goods arrive quickly. In addition to asking different companies about their delivery record, you can gain insight by reading customer feedback and online posts. If you notice comments about slow service, move on to the next possible company.
- Capabilities – Companies that provide services for expedited freight use different trucks. While some have an entire fleet, others have limitations. Make sure the company you hire has the capabilities for accommodating your cargo. If you typically send documents or smaller items around locally, hot shot trucking is a perfect option. However, if you need oversized or overweight goods delivered, you should look at companies with flatbed trucking services. Regardless, the right company will maintain all vehicles to a high standard.
- Insurance Protection – Fortunately, the top-rated expedited trucking companies have few incidents. However, for your protection, always hire a company with excellent insurance coverage and an easy claims process.
- Written Contract – You also want everything written out in the contract. That way, there are no misunderstandings of your expectations as opposed to what the company promised to provide. A written contract will also prevent issues over pricing.
- Safety Record – Check the safety record. Although the best companies follow strict company protocol, with the delivery of expedited freight, drivers know they need to be on time. With your cargo in tow, you want peace of mind that the people behind the wheel have proper training, and they properly secure their loads to prevent damage during transport.
Trusted and Respected
MGA International Logistics ranks among the top expedited freight shipping companies and for good reason. We provide our customers with superior quality service at an affordable price. When you need items delivered quickly, we will not disappoint.