Although choosing the right logistics company is not rocket science, there are definitely some important factors to consider. Whether for national or international shipping, you want to search for logistics companies that offer the necessary experience and expertise to get your items from point A to point B without damage and on time according to the agreed-upon schedule.
You may immediately think that you have to focus on the largest companies when, in reality, quality of service is more important. The following are some of the things that you should take into account when researching various options.
- Start by asking for referrals from trusted sources or conducting research to identify respected and trusted companies. The goal is to select three good candidates. Most importantly, you want to know each company’s level of performance, record of being on time, and overall financial health.
- Request proposals from several companies. Make sure that all trucking quotes cover all of the critical aspects of shipping, such as freight mode, freight volume, lead time, pricing, payment options, guarantees, etc.
- Whenever possible, use the same logistics company to move your freight as opposed to several different companies. For example, if you need to ship freight on land as well as overseas, look at companies that provide both trucking and international shipping services.
- Ask the selected international and national companies about their practice for dealing with issues relating to customs, bad weather, emergencies, and rush periods.
- You also want to know if you have the ability to monitor your shipments throughout the process. Today, the majority of leading logistics companies offer customers automated online services for this exact purpose.
- The logistics company that you choose should provide options for both coverage and customisation.
- After selecting what you think is the best trucking company to handle the movement of your freight, be sure that the contract includes everything and is clearly written to prevent any misunderstandings or mis-communications. If there is something on the contract that you do not understand, get clarification prior to signing on the dotted line.
Obviously, choosing the right logistics company is extremely important. Whether looking at smaller companies or the larger companies, the steps provided here will help you feel more confident in making the right decision.
MGA International ranks among the leading logistics companies in existence. We take great pride in the type and caliber of service provided to every customer. To learn more about the services that we offer, please visit our website. You can also contact us directly to schedule time with one of our team experts. We look forward to handle your logistics needs with exemplary service.